Everything you need to know about the Celestron 70mm Travel Scope.
Telescope users have something great to get excited about because of this great product. The Celestron 70mm Travel Scope is something every telescope user should pack up because it is not only a great long-term deal, it also has great accessories that telescopes in its peers don’t have.
The Celestron 70mm Travel Scope weighs just 3.3 Pounds which is quite light for a 18x7x14. The standard accessories that come with the telescope package include a tripod, a backpack for carrying and coated glass visual elements to help you enjoy crisp and clear images. There is also a First Edition Sky X software that offers a database of up to 10,000 objects, 75 enhanced images and printable sky maps. This will help anyone starting out in astronomy really grasp at the same time help those that have already started the journey to sharpen their skills even more. The telescope specs are:
- 70mm refractor scope
- 10mm and 20mm coated glass eyepieces. The coat gives the glass a scratch-proof surface for clear imaging.
- 2.76-inch aperture
- Padded backpack case for portability and protection (which is something most telescopes don’t come with)
- Focal ratio of f/5.7 – which is more than enough to enable you to see the nebulas, the craters on the moon with clarity and Saturn’s rings.
- A 400mm focal length
- Sky X software that can be coupled with the Celestron Skyportal Module
- A tripod stand made of preassembled aluminum. This makes it light and very stable on its heels.
- Erect image diagonal for proper image orientation
- A highest usable magnification of 165x
- A lowest usable magnification of 10x
- 1.99 arc seconds resolution
back to menu ↑
If you are looking for a pocket rocket kind of telescope that is light on the go and assembles easily then this is your best shot. It delivers more than it promises and way more than a first budget telescope. Traveling astronomers will find this very convenient thanks to the 2.76-inch aperture that is properly suited for its purpose. The images are bright and crisp given its size.
It is easy to find out that the best parts of the Celestron 700 Travel Scope are the accessories that come with it. Like the backpack is built from quality material and is spacious enough to fit in all the other elements you may need to carry and some more. The accessories also include an array of low and high power eyepieces for a better and diverse viewing option. The thing that stands out about the eyepieces is that they are too different from one another that you will actually notice and enjoy the difference when looking at it.
There are various advantages that the Celestron 70mm Travel Scope. These include:
- Portability:If you are looking for a telescope you can easily move around with then this is it. A lot of portable telescopes compromise on sturdiness. This particular model is quite sturdy regardless of the fact that the focuser and finder are made of plastic. The tripod is built for portability without giving up the sturdiness.
- Price:Considering all that is in the package, the price is quite competitive in its range of telescopes. It is easily the price of a higher quality telescope yet offered at a reasonable price.
- Durability:The telescope is built to last. Everything in the package is made of quality material with the best craftsmanship and attention to detail. The telescope itself is solid enough when it comes to taking a hit to add to the padded protection backpack. Many telescopes lack the protection element of a backpack which makes the Celestron 70mm Travel Scope easily the most durable product out there.
- Warranty:Celestron offers a two-year warranty to cover part replacement and repairs on the product in the event of defects or damage during use. This means that the manufacturer is confident in their product for them to offer such a long warranty period.
- Convenient:The telescope is easy to set up fast. You don’t actually require any tools to assemble it. The tripod is also preassembled and full size photographic so that you have maximum usability.The scope also comes with full-color user manual and instructions to enable the user to learn more about stars and planets. You don’t have to go through the rigors of getting extra information from elsewhere to enjoy astronomy; it’s all there.The scope is usable by people aged 12 and above so it is something that the whole family gets to enjoy.
- Weight:The weight of the telescope is obviously something that adds to the portability. More to that, because it is light it is the best telescope when it comes to chasing comets and shooting stars. This is because it lugs around quite easily. Together with the mount, the telescope is quite good for tracing stars and other heavenly bodies.
To start with, there are no obvious weaknesses to the product given its class and price range. The telescope is actually a great improvement from its predecessor; the Celestron 50mm Travel Scope.
Its power range means that all these beautiful features can mostly be enjoyed by intermediaries and beginners.
Some parts (finder and focuser) are made of plastic which gives it a cheap look in addition to the components being fragile.
back to menu ↑
Most telescope users will agree that the Celestron 70mm Travel Scope is real value for money considering what it packs and the price it goes for. It is also an easy use for beginners and intermediaries since it comes with anything you would need to get started or grow your skills. The Sky X software is of course of great use even for professionals. The backpack is something everyone instantly falls in love with thanks to the protection and convenience it brings to the product not to mention the quality build of the bag. This is a great telescope for individuals, classrooms, and families looking to learn and have fun. Celestron 70mm Travel Scope is that product that is up there in terms of quality.